Nexans wins 36 million euro frame contract to supply power cables to Belgian railway operator Infrabel
13 June 2013 • Author: Six Degrees Limited
Nexans, a worldwide expert in the cable industry, has just signed a 36 million euro frame contract with Infrabel, the Belgian railway operator, to supply 1 kV power distribution cables for network refurbishment projects over the next two years.
“We are very proud that, following a Europe-wide tender process, Infrabel has awarded Nexans the contract to supply most of its 1 kV power distribution cables for the next two years. This will amount to more than 5’300 km of cables, 90 percent of which will be manufactured by our Belgian units. The remaining 10 percent will be produced by other Nexans plants across Europe,” said Koen Van Gucht, Sales & Marketing Manager for Nexans Belgium.
“This contract re-establishes Nexans as one of Infrabel’s main power cable suppliers at a time when railway infrastructure is undergoing major renovation,” said Eric du Tertre, Nexans Market Segment Director Rail Infrastructure. “This success reflects the proven quality of our cables and our leadership in this highly competitive market.”
Akiem Artesyn Embedded Technologies Bombardier Transportation Fenner Precision Frauscher Sensor Technology GAI-Tronics GHH-BONATRANS Harsco Rail McGeoch LED Technology Mechan Rosehill Rail Röchling Engineering Plastics SE & Co. KG Schenck Process GmbH SMTC Stadler Rail AG Vossloh AG Weighwell Engineering Ltd